1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 med. zucchini)
- 1 shredded apple
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts/dried fruit (I chopped up half a cup of Costco's Fruit & Nut blend)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I'm interested to do half whole wheat flour next time)
- 1 cup sugar (I'm interested to try half brown sugar next time)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (may try coconut oil next time)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, and nuts/dried fruit; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking sida and salt.
- 3Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in carrot mixture.
- 4Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 for 19-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. *It only took me 19 in a greased muffin pan*
- 5Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
These were so yum!!